Kalmadi says Delhi govt, Centre used 95% of CWG funds

first_imgIn a last-ditch attempt to defend himself in the Delhi Commonwealth Games scam controversy, an angry Suresh Kalmadi on Thursday pointed fingers at the government.He accused the investigating agencies of “targeting” only the Organising Committee when government officials were also part of the entire decision-making process.Reiterating his demand for a joint parliamentary committee(JPC) probe, Kalmadi said both the central and Delhi government are equally to be blamed for the scam.Speaking to the media in Ranchi, where the national games are on, he said the OC was being unfairly targeted.  Amid reports about the Central Bureau of Investigation closing in on him after the arrest of his aides, Kalmadi said no government official had been questioned by the CBI so far despite the fact that it was the sports ministry which had cleared all the contracts. Kalmadi insisted no decision was taken by the OC unilaterally. Dragging the Centre, Kalmadi said that the sports ministry was directly involved in the decision-making process at every step. Taking on the Delhi government, Kalmadi said the state government and the Centre had utilized 95% of the funds.He expressed shock and displeasure over the way the entire matter has been handled by the investigating agencies when all the documents pertaining to the conduct of the Games were with them.Asked whether he anticipated arrest any time, Kalmadi ended a press conference abruptly saying “Let’s see”.last_img

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *